The Cowboy's Girl Part 3, #TantalizingTuesday



Camden walked up to where Megan sat by the stream, leading Pistol by the reins. Megan watched in silence, unsure of Camden’s intentions and of her own emotions.
“Can we talk?” He asked as he left Pistol tied up near Dusty.
Megan was surprised Camden had followed her out to the meadow. He was hurting because of her and she was struggling with her decision to keep her pregnancy a secret. Her certainty was slowly dissolving as she considered what Camden had lost by not knowing. She’d just wanted him to realize his dream in the circuit but that wasn’t reason enough for him. Megan was beginning to see that now.
Wetting her lips, Megan’s words came out rough, “I didn’t think we were talking.” She twisted her hands together and kept her eyes down.
“I reckon I’ve been stubborn long enough.” Camden sat beside her in the grass. He reached over and engulfed her tiny hands in his much larger one.
“My mama has Belle,” he offered.
“Belle?” Megan risked a quick glance at Camden, a smile on her face at the use of a nickname for their daughter.
Camden shrugged, grinning, “Fitting since her daddy is the beast.”
© Paloma Beck, Tantalizing Tuesday 2012




A fun group of authors use a photo prompt to write a two-hundred word teaser 
and post it on a Tuesday. For a full list of participating authors, 
You can also follow along on twitter at #TantalizingTuesday.



I selected this post to be featured on Writing Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

Comments

  1. Yay! Camden is finally being nice again! This was a great tease. I hope the story will continue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warmed up this week. Finally gets hot next week...

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Camden is starting to be nice. Great tease hon

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice. I think I missed the middle one and will have to go back and read it. Are you building this story 200 words at a time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would try to do a new set each six weeks. A completed story in 1200 words and 6 scenes. I'm enjoying the challenge. :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a wonderful story! Can't wait until you have it finished so we can read the whole thing. I'm really starting to like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love continuing to read this story and how Camden keeps warming up to Megan and finally apologizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having only 200 words each week has helped me learn to slow down the progression of a story. I tend to move the conflict along too quickly. Am loving this experience.

      Delete
  6. Glad he's turning out to be a decent guy. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts